Thought I better let you all know I am still here, its been ages since I posted. It's been a busy summer and have not had much time for anything really but, as winter is just round the corner, I may get more time for radio!
Noise on the HF bands continues to bother me, although the PLT networking devices next door have been removed! Now there is something else local that OFCOM are trying to track down ( plasma tv, Skybox?) that is very noisy on 80 metres! The battle to save the HF bands is quite dear to my heart at the moment and I worry that Amateurs seem more interested in things like Echolink, IRLP and DStar rather than fighting over the increasing noise on HF!
Conditions on the bands are still poor, compared to when I first gained my HF licence, and there seems to be no sign of improvement. Also need to get the spreaders on my Force12 beam repaired as the sea air has made them brittle, my neighbour may well be able to make some for me instead of paying 80 dollars to have them shipped over from the States.
1 comment:
Hi Linda, Sorry about the RF noise, I understand ofcom are looking into it for you in the meantime, here is something to cheer you up, its a pic of some dodgy blokes :)
Here are Dodgy Teachers Wiv' hats
Post a Comment