16 March 2007
The Trouble with Routers!
Having just got a new router for the internet I find I am having all sorts of problems with it. If I transmit on 80 metres the router just disconnects! Now this would not be a problem normally because I rarely use the internet and radio at the same time. The problem is our DXCluster which runs 24 hours a day and can have upwards of 60 users in at one time and also provides cluster feeds to various other nodes. Tried everything this afternoon to track the problem down and it looks like RF getting into the phone line. Tried ferrites, tried relocating and no luck so we are back on the old DLink router which seems rock solid but is getting very elderly! May try again with another manufacturer next week but have tried Netgear and Linksys so far...
1 comment:
Hey its about time you updated this blog, you now have a new router which is RF friendly !!!
Also your HRD freq feed is out of date.
Have a nice day ;-)
Dave
Post a Comment